We did it!

Thank you to everybody who supported us and worked with us to get a new contract! FEA approved it and the school board ratified it. It's official! Hooray!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

We may have done it!

So...I got my letter published....100+ comments so far...and all our hard work may just have payed off....

The district and the FEA bargaining team have reached a tentative agreement!
Now we just have to see if the membership will ratify it.
It includes:
  • $1200 per cell and 2% increase in year one
  • $600 per cell and 3% increase in year two
  • 4% increase in year three
  • access to the new health insurance
  • a new column
  • and more
See www.northstar.k12.ak.us for the full press release

I've been told this works out to approximately 4%, 4%, 4%, but I haven't done the math myself. If I understand it correctly, it may be giving a higher percent raise to lower paid teachers....(the flat raise) plus a % that everyone gets of their existing salary...but I'm not entirely sure.
In any case, it's a really good feeling to have the district come around and to feel like there's hope. Nobody wanted to strike...now we may not have to.
Hooray!

No comments: